Monday, November 23, 2009

Indiya

Indiya sidled up to me in the schoolyard same as always today. I put my arm around her and we stood there not saying much. This has become our daily routine. (Sometimes twice daily routine). We stand there, her arm around my waist and mine around her shoulders. She's a snuggler. I am, too, so it works out.

As we stand there today she says, "You were in my dream last night, Ms. Linton."

I laugh. "Really? What was I doing?"

"I don't know. You were my mom or something."

We continue to stand and I pretend to watch the boys playing basketball. My eyes are mostly glazed over, though, and I am thinking about Indiya's dream and her blue puffy coat molded into my side. I squeeze her arm and she squeezes my waist, dropping her head so that it rests on my shoulder. 

Pretty good Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish for you more days like this one
How sweet - brought tears to my eyes.