Sunday, January 3, 2010

Caution-- to the wind!

Tomorrow I will wake up at 5:45 and begin again at Harrity Elementary. I am dreading it a little bit. But only a little bit; which I think is an improvement. I wonder if anyone who reads this actually looks forward to going to work? I have heard of this phenomenon: enjoying your job. I think that it would revolutionize my life.

That being said, I have a small goal for the next 6 months. I will start making lesson plans that interest me. I will stop prioritizing keeping kids in their seats and start prioritizing engaging my students. Here soon I will have to make a decision about whether I will continue with this teaching gig next year. I'm going to give it one last chance. I aim to give my job 100% creativity and effort the next month or two to see if the dread stops.

I'll let you know what shakes out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!