Tuesday, December 8, 2009

C is for Computers and Crazy

A new low: I took the brand new computers away from the kids today because they weren't following directions. Mob scene. Kids were screaming at me. Yelling obscenities. And there was an idle threat from Siani: "I hope someone pushes you down the stairs and breaks your neck." Considering that Siani was put in jail last year for assaulting a teacher, I decided to take her threat seriously. She is now suspended for three days. I'm not totally sure that's what is best for Siani, but there had to be a consequence. As for what to do with the other children that yelled less horrible things... I have no idea. I was just grateful to make it through the period with no laptops thrown and my neck still intact.

3 comments:

KW said...

Just catching up on your blog I go from speechless to furious to humbled to entertained to enlightened, depending on what day of yours I read! I can't imagine living through all of it. You are doing an amazing job. There are just 2 things I wish I could be a fly on the wall for: you telling the kid to sit his ass down, and your rendition of B-b-b-bad to the Bone, lol! Spelling word for the day: perserverance!

Katie said...

krista,

thanks for the encouragement.

love,
katie

p.s. as long as we are on the topic: persERverance is spelled persEverance. (don't hate me because i'm a good speller )

Unknown said...

Hey Katie! Just wanted to let you know that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. My mom sent me a link to it and I have to say that it has kept me quite entertained during my shift tonight (slow night). Keep it up and hang in there! Thank you for doing what I feel so many of us would not have the patience for. I'm not sure if you are coming home for the holidays, but I hope to see you soon!
Love,
Katie Welch